Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Day 03 - Golden Classic #BookReviewBlogChallenge

Find info about this challenge here. Keep up with prompts here.

The third prompt for the Book Review Blog Challenge hosted by Ann over at Great New Reads is Golden Classics, basically anything published before 1995. I don't think I consider myself a 'golden classic' but there ya go.

The book I chose is Pet Sematary by Stephen King. This was published in 1983 and I read it back in 2017. This was my first King book. I've read a few after this one, but so far none have been as good. As some of you may know, I'm planning on trying to read IT this year. Right now though, it's collecting dust on my shelf with my other chunksters. We'll see.

Pet Sematary is one of those taunt horrors where you know what's going to happen and no amount of yelling makes the characters stop, but still you just can't put it down. I gave this four out of five stars on Goodreads. I've seen the movies, too. The 1989 version I think is superior (though not better than the book) to the 2019 one, which I think relied too much on jump scares and adding in creepy things that just didn't exist in the book - the book is more psychological than anything with King's typical character study type to it. Both movies lack on that, but alas.

I'm a bit later on posting this than I wanted, but today's been cut between a very tired baby (she woke me up before I'd even planned to wake up at 4:50AM), trying to catch up with where I should be for Camp NaNoWriMo, and participating in Dewey's 24-Hr Readathon.

What's your favorite Stephen King book? Pre-1995, if you can. What's your weekend plans?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had a very productive Saturday, esp with a baby around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up not being so productive but thank you!

      Delete

Most Recent Crap

Hey All

I've moved blogs! Everything here will stay here a bit until I figure out what to do with it. The new blog doesn't have anything on ...