Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2020

January 2020 Wrap Up (w/some Feb goals)

Books Completed:
Storm Front - Jim Butcher (finished Jan. 05) review here
Guts - Raina Telgemeier (finished Jan. 11) 4 out of 5 stars, read because my oldest daughter gave it to me to read after she did. She has all her graphic novels and has liked them all. They're pretty good books!
Monstress Vol. 4: The Chosen - Marjorie M. Liu and Sana Takeda (finished Jan. 29) 4 out of 5 stars, this entire series has been interesting and beautiful, so far. Pretty great world building, too!
The Wives - Tarryn Fisher (finished Jan. 20) 2 out of 5 stars. I have a bone to pick with this book. It was seriously terrible. I may just dedicate a review post to it, but we'll see. (If I decide to, I'll link it here, too.)

I won a book (The Girl and the Stars by Mark Lawrence) and recieved a book I won back in December (American Sherlock: Murder, Forensics, and the Birth of American CSI by Kate Winkler Dawson). Both are have jumped up the immediate TBR pile (behind Dead Astronauts by Jeff VanderMeer, the bookclub horror pick for February: Twelve Nights at Rotter House by J.W. Ocker, and my current reads).

picture of My Grandma and Me by Mina Javaherbin
Books Read With bb: 11 (plus plenty of rereads)
Her faves of the month:
First Numbers by Tony Mitten and Ant Parker & 12 Lucky Animals by Vickie Lee and Joey Chou (her Chinese zodiac is the dog!)


One of the picture books I read to the bb,  My Grandma and Me by Mina Javaherbin and Lindsey Yankey, completed 3 prompts for 3 different challenges I'm loosely working on. It was a pretty book and sweet.

January was rough for reading. Haven't gotten into the swing of this new year and new schedules so, especially audiobooks, reading has been all over the place. Also, all of my adult reads last month were just.. bad with the exception of one and current reads (though Just Mercy is upsetting in a different kinda way).

Here's hoping February is better! Loose TBR for February is: finish up Just Mercy (physical book for nonfic bookclub), The Princess Beard by Delilah S. Dawson and Kevin Hearne (audiobook), Dead Astronauts by Jeff VanderMeer (physical library borrow I've /patiently/ awaited), Twelve Nights at Rotter House by J.W. Ocker (physical book for horror bookclub), American Sherlock: Murder, Forensics, and the Birth of American CSI by Kate Winkler Dawson (physical copy for review), and probably a few chapters of The Way of Kings.

Other Unnecessary Stats:
Active TV shows: Grimm S5E9, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina S3E4, The Great British Pottery Throw Down S3E3
Movies watched: The Witch ****, Paranormal Activity 2 ***, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil ***
Video games playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition (3rd replay, on hard) and picked up No Man's Sky again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Crap

Hey All

I've moved blogs! Everything here will stay here a bit until I figure out what to do with it. The new blog doesn't have anything on ...