Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Have You Heard About Litsy?

Why am I posting about this? It's like when a big publication posts about a nice beach spot and then the small, secret spot is suddenly overrun with trashy tourists letting their dogs poop everywhere, driving up prices.

But in these times of everyone staying home and having to be amused by their phones and TVs, I thought maybe there'd be more reading. So here's Litsy. It's kind of like a mix of Instagram (pictures) and Twitter (word limit). You can have a to-be-read list (which you can add to directly from other's posts) and the only ratings are pick (love), so-so (meh), and pan (not good). You can also bail, which has been a fucking revelation to me. That I don't have to finish a book I'm not enjoying. Embrace it. Life is too short for crappy reads.

There's tons of little games and read-a-longs and swaps that are community organized and it's generally a very friendly and welcoming group. We very rarely get spammers or harassers (and if we do, they get the ban hammer pretty quickly). People have made pretty genuine friends on there and I know some of them meet IRL.

So if you're a reader and are interested in posting your meh pictures you took before you got that perfect one for bookstagram and mini reviews that don't have to be full of hashtags or promotions, come on and join us! The link above is actually directly to my profile. The website is OK, but I'd suggest a combination of it (to block any hashtags you're not interested in seeing and for a more organized notification bar) and the app (which is just more convenient).

Add me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Crap

Hey All

I've moved blogs! Everything here will stay here a bit until I figure out what to do with it. The new blog doesn't have anything on ...