Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

'The Girl and the Stars' ARC review

I got this ARC for review from Berkley and Penguin Random House - thank you!

Picture of The Girl and the Stars by Mark Lawrence

Set in the same world as the Book of the Ancestor trilogy, The Girl and the Stars tells the story of Yaz, a girl with unique powers in a very inhospitable environment - above and below the seemingly never ending ice.

This story had an absolutely breakneck pace that took some time to get used to. Things just happened and happened without much breathing room. Yaz was an enjoyable narrator and handled all the craziness much better than I would've lol ... really, there's not a whole lot I can go into about this without there being spoilers. I in particular really liked Erris, too. Hope to see more of him in the second book, which looks like it's going to be coming out April 2021.

I gave this four out of five stars and look forward to looking to Lawrence's other books (especially Red Sister) while I wait for the rest of this trilogy.

I'm also sharing this copy with a reading group, and will have additional thoughts in 3-4 months or so. Will link everything there and here whenever that happens. Probably with an updated copy as this book travels across the country to three other people before getting back to me (hopefully - lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Crap

Hey All

I've moved blogs! Everything here will stay here a bit until I figure out what to do with it. The new blog doesn't have anything on ...