Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

Just an Update

I downloaded a spreadsheet from Bookriot to track my reading this year. I wavered a lot about how I was going to fill it out, which reads. I know I listed in my 2020 goals that I was going to try and keep track of the books read with my family. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put those on the list, but decided I should when one of them completed a Read Harder Challenge. I've already read 3 (on top of the repeats that the kiddo likes)!

I also wasn't sure if I wanted to put my DNFs on there, but I did bail on a book here recently, so it's looking like it might be one of those years. If you're curious, I bailed on Ghost Story by Peter Straub. It was just... so boring. And from reading reviews, I found either a lot of folks felt the same or claimed that you have to slog through more than half to get to the good bits and honestly, I don't want to have to read more than half a book to get to the good bits. Life's too short, you know?

Recently, I've been watching a lot of booktubers and their worst books of the 2019 videos. It's really funny seeing what people like and don't. A lot of books I've put off because I wasn't sure if I'd like them (confirmed by the very bad reviews) and others I wasn't interested in the first place to read. Ah, but I disagree that The Institute was one of the worst, but to each their own I guess. It was OK, but I also have limited King knowledge having only read two others of his (I think).

Been binge watching Grimm on Prime. It's so hokey that I love it!

Well, next up reads are a book my oldest read and enjoyed, Guts by Raina Telgemeier and two library borrows, The Wives by Tarryn Fisher and the fourth volume of Monstress, The Chosen. Not sure yet what the book clubs books are for next month and unsure if I want to start one of my 2020 chunkster choices yet.

I'm going to a book club tonight for 'Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?' and I'll post the review for that after or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Crap

Hey All

I've moved blogs! Everything here will stay here a bit until I figure out what to do with it. The new blog doesn't have anything on ...