Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

April Wrap-Up 2020 + May Goals

I finished The Girl and the Stars by Mark Lawrence (review here), listened to the audiobook of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for my HP reread, and two new books:  The Only Harmless Great Thing by Brooke Bolander (read for unshelving project, also gifted - review here) and An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (audiobook was fantastic). There's been a few false starts with various audiobooks. May go back to them, we'll see.

I joined this movie community called Letterboxd the later half of this month where I've been logging my quest to catch up on all the horror flicks I've missed. Still catching up on some reviews there, but if you watch a lot of movies and wanna join, here's my profile - add me!



Won some more books, received some gifts (see pic above) - thus the unshelving project never ends. Tried to do the Dewey 24-hr redaction, but only managed to read an hour. Spent a lot of time playing Sims 4 (since I don't have a Switch for Animal Crossing). Still laid off.

As for Camp NaNoWriMo... I don't know if (as of this moment) I'm going to finish. Right now I've got 41,174 words which leaves me trying to type up 8,174 today. I will definitely try, but I don't know if that's achievable for me. I'm only really able to type during the little one's nap and today I'm planning on making gumbo for dinner, which is going to be a bit labor intensive and I'll likely try starting some of that prep while she's asleep. I'm pretty happy with the story, so far, but I already anticipate a lot of rewriting (as I've just been winging it and world-building as I go so I'm sure it's inconsistent). There's one very particular scene, that's only spoken of, that I need to work out and just write so that everyone's memories of it are less... confusing haha

So, I made a May goals page in my bullet journal:


So... how was your April?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Crap

Hey All

I've moved blogs! Everything here will stay here a bit until I figure out what to do with it. The new blog doesn't have anything on ...